Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Rice Rocket

BYE! I've just had a go in Amy and Deacon's Nissan Pulsar GTI-R 2.0L Turbo... RUDE!

Stupid grin etched across my face right now. I'm used to my Toyota MR2 which is no slouch I assure you, but this is mentalism! He got it today and it's been tweaked to 280-290 bhp. Standard, it's about 230 bhp. I definitely feels like it has been influenced by rally cars with the four wheel drive and the performance. The exhaust is big enough to stick your head into and LOUD. It's got a funky little dump valve that makes it sound like a rally car, the one the tweets when you change gear. Basically, you'd be able to completely destroy most things that are on the road today.

In most magazines, it still gets compared to the Subaru Impreza WRX and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo more than ten years after it's launch. Max Power describes it as an 'Utter Weapon.' I think this is rather unfortunate as that is what we call people who irritate us at work, but I can identify with the sentiment. Check out the picture I took and take note of the number plate. I decided to leave just the last three letters showing.

They're not the prettiest car on the planet but that doesn't really matter as you won't see it for long. You don't get one of these for the way it looks. I am so tempted to start looking for one for myself but I'm still loving my MR2 so that won't happen for a long time. If anything, my next motor will be an MR2 Turbo. We'll see when I get to that point.

I'm sure you'll be reading of it's adventures on my ickle sister's blog.

Oh yeah, Deacon... I knew you wouldn't be able to resist a jap motor for long :)

No comments: