Saturday, December 27, 2003

Cabin Fever

Christmas is done and it was a good one this year. From my point of views there were no alarms and no surprises and Mum cooked the best Christmas dinner ever and I got some nice presents too.

Just saw The Office Christmas Specials and I watched a lot of it from behind my hands and curled up in a fetal position. This is my natural reaction when I feel embarrassed for someone on the TV. One quotation that sums it up is "Can we stop talking about my dead mother's breasts please..." I was halfway between groaning and laughing myself hoarse which is peculiar because you end up feeling the same way you do when you see a car crash, you know it's wrong but you can't help but look. It's such a strange thing to watch. Like a lot of people I recognise people I work with and, more scarily sometimes, myself. It is bloody good.

I am also getting a bit of cabin fever. I have a (bad?) habit of sealing myself off from the outside world and staying in my cave for a while. Apart from the phone, I haven't seen anyone since five o'clock yesterday. I can't help but feel that it is a little weird of me but I can disappear off the face of the planet for a couple of days when I emerge I pretty much always feel better. In my opinion, it's one of the perks of not living with anyone and being single but it helps if you are comfortable with your own company and a lot of people aren't. I haven't really done anything constructive. I have nearly finished Wizard and Glass by Stephen King from only being halfway through it. The flat and the car are both very clean. Played a bit of Warcraft 3. Used my Amazon vouchers. Watched The Two Towers.

And try Mead. It's made out of honey and is allegedly the oldest booze in the world. I got some Lindisfarne Mead for Christmas from my Aunty Annabel who lives on a tiny Scottish island. It's really sweet and really... well... honey-ey. Can't tell if I like it or not but it's nice to know what it tastes like after quaffing many a flagon while playing Goblins and Pixies back in the old days. Oh, and Goblins and Pixies is what my sister Amy calls role playing games. That's REAL role playing games with dice and paper and imagination, not this new fangled computer RPG stuff. Heh... I feel really beardy and geeky now...

That is all...

No comments: