Sunday, November 14, 2004

Why Firefox?

So, oor Fluffy wanted to know why should she bother waiting hours to download it on dial-up?

I suppose the main reason I use it is security and privacy. Ebil Hax0rz always go for M$ stuff. Spyware does too. Example. That new firewall on Windows Service Pack 2 must be like a red rag to a bull. Spyware and virus writers will have a field day attacking it, same as they have with Internet Explorer and Windows. As soon as Thunderbird is working okay, I'm dumping Outlook.

The other reason is Tabs. It's a teeny tiny difference but once you use them you will wonder how you got along without it. I use IE at work and I'm always trying to open webpages in new tabs.

Of course, the only REAL reason I started using it is because it represents sticking two fingers up at Microsoft.

There, hope your happy! Now I sound like even more of a geek and corporate whore although some would say thats not possible...

No comments: